How to Use StudentSquare (and Lasercut before School)
Use Classlinks or this link or this second link:
Sign in using Microsoft
Choose Messages on the left-side toolbar (is yours army green?)
New Message should be a choice up at the top (also army green?)
From the pulldown, choose Group Conversation, not Direct Message. It will autocomplete your grown-up’s name and Jon Barber.
Send the message or something that looks like our message below, THE EARLIER THE BETTER (AT LEAST 12 hours before, if not days before).
IF ALL OF US (you, me, your grownup at home) HAVE SENT A MESSAGE, come early on an agreed-upon day (usually NOT Thursday)
DO NOT COME IN IF WE HAVEN’T MESSAGED WITH YOUR GROWNUP AND YOU BEFORE THE DAY.
Ask the adult in the cafeteria to come in (bring all your stuff).
Experience Lasercutter Bliss (not having to wait in a crazy-long line!)
Sample Group Conversation
Dear Mom,
Mr. Barber just explained how I can come in before school to lasercut or 3d print. First, I need to use StudentSquare to let you and him know I’m interested. He would contact us both back and let me know if that morning is possible (Thursdays are BAD! Full of meetings). You would need to give your permission, too.
Once we all agree, I would just go into the cafeteria like other students who get dropped off between 8:15 and 8:55. Once I’m in there, I could tell Mr. Carter, or one of the adults in charge, that Mr. Barber is expecting me and that I can come to his room for a few minutes to lasercut or start a 3d print.
Let us know that you’ve gotten this message by responding, please! Mr. Barber is making sure that ParentSquare and StudentSquare are working for all of us.
Thanks!
-Buford
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.